Sunday, October 11, 2009

Golden Compass

I started the Golden Compass (haven’t finished it) but after seeing the movie several years ago I was very compelled. I would like to continue to read it when I find the time. I am just so delighted with a world where another part of our soul is a separate talking personality animal who is always with you. I love it. I want one so bad. It’s like always having a pet with you, and who always understands what you’re thinking and can talk things out. I am so jealous of this little world! And I love how the children’s daemons are always changing because they are unsure of how they are until they grow up. Almost like a career. The idea of what you’re are going to become is always an uncertainty when you are young and clouded with many thoughts. If I were to have a daemon I would very much like to have the exact breed of dog I would get as a pet…a small Klee Kai, a toy version of a snow dog…who are afraid of other people, and much like me, and only trust those who it has gotten quite a lot of time to know. And well if I didn’t have that luck I’d at least love to have an aloof little cat at my side at all times. Oh how I can dream. Back to the book though, Lord Azriel seems to have quite a detached way of thinking about family….when it comes to his relationship with Laira it quite confuses me. So far he has treated her much more like a stranger’s child, or an unruly pupil, who he feels as if he has some sort of obligation to discipline but doesn’t have enough feeling for to care…ah well. I hope to pick it up again soon and continue on my book reading journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment